RESPONSIBLE GAMING POLICY- RIVAL GROUP, INC.
Rival Group, Inc. (the “Company”) complies with the American Gaming Association’s (“AGA”) Code of Conduct for Responsible Gaming (the “Code”) as well as regulations issued by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
Our pledge to our employees, our customers, and the community is to make responsible gaming an integral part of our daily operations. The AGA’s Code addresses employee assistance and training, fantasy games in person and online, advertising and marketing of daily fantasy contests, and the participation of minors in such contests.
Responsible Gaming Communications
- Responsible Gaming material and Problem Gaming materials will be made available upon demand.
- The Responsible Gaming material and Problem Gaming material include the help line number for the National Council on Problem Gambling.
- The Problem Gambling material includes the nature and symptoms of problem gambling.
- The Company maintains a self-limit policy and procedures that will allow patrons to request in writing the revocation of their access privileges.
- The Company will make reasonable efforts (i.e., flagging a patron’s account) to honor a patron’s written request to be self-limited from gaming activities. The Company reserves the right to exclude a patron from gaming without a request from the patron.
- Newly hired employees will receive training on the Company’s responsible gaming program during New Hire Orientation. This general training will include the difference between responsible gaming and problem gambling, as well as the nature and symptoms of problem gambling. Additional training based on the department and job function will be conducted by individual departments.
Participation of Underage Minors in Rival’s daily fantasy contests
- The Company will make diligent efforts to prevent underage individuals from participating in any gambling or sports betting, or from gaining access to online or mobile. Policies and procedures specifically related to underage gambling are addressed in the Company’s Underage Gaming Policy.
- Where reasonable, all online gambling related messaging will include a notice of the legal age to participate in Rival’s game(s).
- Annual training is provided to relevant employees related to underage gambling, updating Rival’s screening process and IP restriction, so as to ensure compliance with the Company’s Underage Gaming Policy.
- The Company will conduct annual reviews of its Responsible and Underage Gaming Policies.
Anyone can develop a problem with their gaming behavior and it is not always easy to recognize when one has a problem. The Pennsylvania Gambling Control Board provides a brief and helpful guide on the signs, rules, and myths of problem gambling.
If you have concerns about your gaming behavior (or of someone else) and feel that it may be a problem, we strongly recommend that you seek professional assistance. The National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG) is dedicated to providing comprehensive resources and support and can be reached at their 24-hour helpline 1-800-GAMBLER or by visiting https://www.ncpgambling.org.
You may also find it helpful to use online tools to restrict your ability to access gaming websites and products. BetBlocker, for example, is free and requires no registration. Additional information can be found by visiting https://betblocker.org.